Thursday, March 6, 2008

It’s great day - Mahindra Classic

Yet another milestone in my restoration process, the mechanical and rare parts were collected successfully. Look at the below picture which will show a partial list of latest spare parts.
I’ve managed to source the OE fuel tank, soft-top, soft doors & its aluminum frame, rear seat, break-booster, clutch cable, front bumper mahindra plate, motorized windshield washer kit and miscellaneous gasket rubbers.
It was my long pending list of must have stuffs for my classic jeep. A friend of mine suggested few good resources where I could source all of these items in Mumbai & Chennai (Wait for an index of all the resources in the forth coming blog, as I’m still procuring items for the jeep).
[Above picture shows the soft-top and fittings.] Almost cosmetic collections of cosmetic spares are over and now I’m in the verge of correcting the mechanical issues. The coming week will be painting week and jeep will go for massive paint process.
Painting and the mechanical work will progress simultaneously and the smaller items needed to be fixed before the final touch-up.
Windshield washer kit, it was not so tough to source this as the latest Mahindra Bolero also uses the same old model used in Mahindra Classic. Kudos to Mahindra for continuing such spares in modern utility vechicles.

2 comments:

Arjun Chaudhary said...

Hi . I have a mahindra classic but I have lost the complete soft top , soft doors and the frames which are used to give the soft top shape. please help me. my email address arjunchaudhary95@gmail.com and mobile no. is +91-9802000017.thankyou i really wish to have one.

jitesh said...

hi there nice work done by you a good n genuine restore can you please provide me a little information regarding fuel tank and soft top from were you purchased i have 2000 classic model ...thanks n regards deepak or can give me your contact number i wl callu or email my contact 9802000028 frm ambala haryana